Bethlehem High School's Booster Club Guidelines
It is acknowledged Bethlehem boosters are the lifeline to the many exceptional successes that we are capable of accomplishing. We appreciate and acknowledge all the boosters accomplish. However, there is a need for some guidelines to insure Bethlehem's Athletic Program remains free from any infringement of school or KHSAA rules or regulations.
- Booster Chair/s should attend the May meeting with the Head Coach/ Athletic Director
- Assign duties to Booster Club with head coaches' input (e.g. striping fields, providing lunches, scheduling workers, placing/removing equipment from field [before and after games], general clean-up of facilities, etc.)
- Each coach has a discretionary fund (that is funded by the athletic budget) and this covers equipment, awards, medical supplies, coaches' clinics, entry fees and other discretionary expenditures. Booster Clubs are for raising additional funds for enhancements of the sports programs. Booster Chairs and coaches should work together. Plans and program needs should be identified and prioritized.
- Fund-raising Procedures: All fund-raising proposals shall be submitted to the Athletic Director and Bethlehem's Director of Finance for approval.
- 25% of all fund-raising will go into the facilities improvement account. (Signage is excluded from the 25%). Major facility improvement may need additional funding from booster clubs.
- All expenditures of funds must have a purchase order and be approved through the Athletic Director/Assistant AD prior to the purchase of items. Purchase orders are available from the Athletic Office or Assistant AD's office.
- Any items purchased by booster clubs become the property of Bethlehem High School.